Facilities Use Policy
First Parish Unitarian Universalist of Medfield
The Executive Committee of the First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church (FPUU) welcomes the use of its facilities for meetings of local civic, educational, cultural, business, and self-help groups. Rental will be subject to the following guidelines: A Reservation Form will be completed and submitted to the Facility Rental Chair in sufficient time prior to the requested dates to allow for Prudential Committee approval. A copy of any proposed scripts to be used for advertising purposes that contain reference to First Parish shall be submitted with the reservation form for approval prior to its publication.
- The FPUU facilities and grounds are smoke free.
- Nothing may be put on the walls.
- No food or drink is permitted in the Sanctuary.
- Lights used during occupancy must be turned off upon leaving.
- Thermostats are located in the Sanctuary, the Vestry, and the U-House. If the temperature is changed, it must be returned to its original setting.
- Upon leaving the facility, users will place all rubbish in proper containers and return all chairs, tables, and other furniture to original positions or storage areas.
- All doors must be checked to insure that they are closed and locked.
- Restitution for any damage beyond normal wear and tear will be the responsibility of the individual signing for the sponsoring group. The Executive Committee may determine that a security deposit will be required, in addition to use fees, for any event.
- Kitchen facilities are available in the Vestry and the U-House. It is expected that users will leave all areas in a clean condition. Rubbish is to be placed in provided containers. Significant refuse generated by the event shall be removed from the building/grounds and properly disposed of. All recyclable materials (and only recyclable materials) are to be deposited in marked recycling receptacles.